Thursday, January 13, 2011

Here it Goes

Well, tomorrow is the big day! In just a few more hours I leave the United States to go to Costa Rica until May. SO crazy that it is finally here.

For about a week and a half, I was literally freaking out. Like totally having second thoughts, but not wanting to admit it because I knew I would have a break down. I kept telling myself, “Everyone says that they loved being in Costa Rica, you’re going to be fine.” It became my mantra, but I wish that I had actually believed it.

Then a couple of days ago I started reading my travel book, which I had been avoiding because I seriously thought it would stress me out too much, and I got unbelievably excited. Despite all of the unknown aspects to going, I was definitely finally feeling excited for being there. It’s a relief to be going into this and be looking forward to it rather than just be thinking about all of the unknowns, and there are a lot.

So tomorrow I will be boarding two airplanes to get me to San José (let the record show I have already been on four airplanes in the last month and I am really looking forward to the next two, sarcasm*).

I am really excited to meet my family, and to go to my orientation on Saturday. I am excited for all of the field trips that are going to happen this semester and all of the places I get to go. I am also very excited for all the people I will be getting to meet. So far, I know all the girls from NAU that are going to Heredia, and it is such a relief. What is an even bigger relief is that I am flying out with one of them, since I thought it a grand idea to get my own flight instead of go on the group flight.

So here is the last night I will be spending in the United States until mid-May, praying that everything goes well in Costa Rica. I hope to be able to update soon after I arrive in Heredia, being that I can find a wi-fi connection or internet café somewhere close by to me.

Here’s to hoping next time I will have some awesome story to share with you all!

This is the link to the program I will be attending in case anyone wanted to see it :)

2 comments:

  1. Ah! I love this! and am so so excited for you! I will be reading up on you :) post often girl! You will love it and in five months we'll have a french fries/xl rootbeer/sea wall date and you can tell me all your stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are so excited!!! I'm gonna be praying for you every day!!

    ReplyDelete